Marmelab joins the Hacktober Fest 2016!
For the second time, Digital Ocean organizes the Hacktober Fest. During the whole month of October, we are all invited to contribute to our favorite open-source projects. Thanks to their partnership with GitHub, a free tee-shirt will be sent to all users having make at least 4 pull requests during the month. A great occasion to spread our love of open-source, isn't it?
At Marmelab, we are maintaining a lot of open-source projects. As soon as we detect a common pattern across all our projects (for instance for building our Node.js API with CoPostgresQuery), or if we miss a tool to get our job done, we share our work with the community. It allows us to get valuable feedbacks, improve our own products, and increase our global knowledge.
Yet, having so many open-source projects implies spending a lot of time fixing issues, reviewing pull requests, supporting our users, etc. That's why we take advantage of this Hacktober Fest to share with you some of our hottest issues. We filtered them to be both accessible and with a given perimeter. They should be doable without having to dive too deeply under the hood, which is important for project newcomers.
Here is a list of our Hacktober Fest issues. Do not hesitate to ask some help. To share your questions with everyone, just ask on the related issue. All the Marmelab team (and other watching contributors) will give you a hand.
Happy Hacktober Fest!
EventDrops is a time based / event series interactive visualization using d3.js. Use drag and zoom to navigate in time.
- Fix scrolling issues with Ember.js
- Wrong viewport computation: some data are outside
- Zoom is not well centered
coPostgresQueries is a utility to generate and execute postgresql queries with ease.
- Make idfields parameter optional
- Review documentation
- Add repository URL in package.json
- Render exposed methods closer to their PG equivalents
PHPUnit D3 Report is a visualization tool providing a quick way to monitor your PHPUnit test suites. With a single glance, you will be able to identify the slowest tests, helping you to improve the overall execution time of your tests.
NgAdminGeneratorBundle is a Symfony bundle aiming to bootstrap an ng-admin configuration file, using all your Doctrine entities.
- Bootstrap tests using Zombie.js
- Use keyboard events to fill text elements
- Allow to add non ASCII-chars to inputs
- Trigger clicks even using Angular
- Fix React event listeners compatibility
- Allow scroller gremlin to scroll inner elements
MicroRest is a Silex provider to setting up a REST API on top of a relational database, based on a YAML (RAML) configuration file.
restful.js is a pure JS client for interacting with server-side RESTful resources. Think Restangular without Angular.
- Handle case where POST requests return a single object
- Deal with posted form data correctly (instead of current JSON)
- Allow to abort XHR requests
- Allow to send a 200 response for HEAD requests
Plug ng-admin to your RESTFul API to get a complete administration interface (datagrid, filters, complex form widgets, multi-model relationships, dashboard) in no time! Beyond simple CRUD, ng-admin lets you build sophisticated GUIs without getting in your way.
- Bug with WYSIWYG field named "head"
- Use entity identifier field instead of id as default sort
- Allow to render choice(s) field as radios (checkboxes)
- Failed file upload should display an error message
- Customize the "Add new" button label for embedded lists
- Add hint text to each field
- Do not send non editable fields to the server
- Allow to sort reference field
- Make column headers static in list view
- Remove asterisk from required boolean fields
- Better handle of non-URL safe chars in ListView
- Allow to customize way a file is uploaded
- Allow to filter remote autocomplete using current entry values
- Update ng-file-upload component
- Hide batch delete button when deletion is disabled
- Pass entry to file field
- Allow to gather several batch deletion call to a single one
- Use entity identifier for data export
- Issue when exporting two field of the same reference
- Filter field doesn't show default value when pinned
- Add a callback function after file is uploaded